- Stop combine with the swath you want to test directly in front of you.
- Lift chopper and spreader.
- Plug the power pack into the device. Note: The power pack should never be left to go completely dead. Always recharge as soon as it goes to the last light.
- Activate magnets using the remote, place under the combine in a location where material won’t prematurely fall into the pan. Note: Wind and leaks on combines may cause false readings.
- The front or back axle is a good location on many combines.
Note: If the metal you try and attach is too thin, there will not be enough power for the magnets to stay on. The thicker the metal the stronger the hold.
- Drive combine 50-150 feet at speed and loss settings you think are acceptable, drop the pan.
- From there, screen out your grain from the sample, pour into grain gauge and check the chart for your losses.